Catching up after lockdown CPD
Catching Up After Lockdown CPD workshops are available for inset days/in-school CPD as well as online.
CATCHING UP AFTER LOCKDOWN CPD WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
The Covid pandemic has hurt students’ learning, progress and development, especially during school closures. But the damage is not irreparable. As students return to school, educators are wondering how to help them catch up after such a difficult period. We believe the solution lies in combining teacher experience and expertise and psychological research.
This course, available either in person at your school or over the platform of your choice (Zoom, Microsoft Teams…), covers the best evidence-based strategies for the job. We’ll help you develop your students’ motivation and resilience, accelerate their learning and improve their emotional coping skills.
We’ll also encourage and facilitate discussions and debate to make sure that those strategies are best suited for your students specifically.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- An overview of the most relevant educational research
- Practical strategies to use it in the classroom
- Support to adapt your practice to this unique challenge
- An enjoyable course, delivered by our experienced, knowledgeable coaches
Click the buttons below to find out more and get in touch.
THE KEY MESSAGES
Resilience and Motivation
- Creating resilient classrooms
- The link between feedback and resilience
- Delayed gratification, fear of failure and high expectations
Memory and Learning
- Retrieval practice, spacing, interleaving
- Pre-questions and elaborative interrogation
- Dual coding and the Production Effect
- Coping skills
- Managing frustrations, nerves and stress
- Communicating effectively
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENTS’:
- Motivation to learn
- Memory and learning
- Metacognition and self-regulation
MORE RESOURCES ON CATCHING UP AFTER LOCKDOWN
- The lessons of the pandemic, and how they will affect educators’ practice
- School closures, the attainment gap, and what it means for you
- What happens to student motivation when exams get cancelled?
- What the Ofsted report on learning during the Covid crisis means for you
- What does mental toughness look like in schools?
- Helping students become resilient
- Emotional intelligence: why it matters and how to teach it