Growth Mindset CPD
Growth Mindset CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
GROWTH MINDSET CPD OVERVIEW
If you want to help your students develop a Growth Mindset, then this is the ideal workshop for you.
Growth Mindset is a learning theory developed by Dr Carol Dweck. It revolves around the belief that we can improve our intelligence, abilities and performance. Naturally, it has become one of the most popular psychological theories in education.
Developing a Growth Mindset in school creates gritty, resilient students. It also encourages them to seek out better feedback, persist for longer, and cope better with change.
This Growth Mindset CPD workshop is based on the latest research. But above all, you will learn about practical tips and strategies to start using straight away. You will leave this CPD workshop with a clear understanding of Growth Mindset, and how to best foster it in your classroom.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Tips to help students develop a Growth Mindset and resilience
- Practical strategies to help improve effort, utilise feedback, and maximise learning after a setback
- Ideas on how to create a growth mindset culture in your class and at your school
- Review and discuss the latest Growth Mindset research
Click the buttons below to find out more and get in touch.
THE KEY MESSAGES
A history of intelligence and ability
- Are you born smart, or can you become smart?
- A history of the IQ test
- Case studies
The role of effort
- Teaching students that the brain can develop
- Avoiding labels
- How expectations affect motivation and effort
- Purposeful praise: effort over ability and outcome
Attitude to mistakes
- The importance of mistakes in the learning process
- Creating a growth mindset culture
- Efficient and effective feedback processes
- Purposeful praise: skill attainment, improvement, asking for feedback
Dealing with setbacks
- Famous failures
- Improving self-talk
- Purposeful praise: grit, determination, persistence
Risk taking and curiosity
- The worst case scenario hardly ever happens
- Purposeful praise: curiosity, courage, choosing a difficult task
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENTS’:
- Ability to learn faster
- Reaction to setbacks
- Grit and resilience
MORE RESOURCES ON GROWTH MINDSET
- Download our free ebook about everything we learnt at the KGS National Growth Mindset conference
- Our guide page to develop a Growth Mindset in schools
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: The One About Growth Mindset
- The Language of Growth Mindset
- How Do You Actually Develop A Growth Mindset?
- Can One-Off Growth Mindset Interventions Work?
- Growth Mindset Stories and Science