Growth Mindset Teacher CPD
Create the right environment to develop gritty, resilient, self-motivated students.
Growth Mindset is a learning theory developed by Dr Carol Dweck. It revolves around the belief that we can improve our intelligence, abilities and performance. Naturally, it has become one of the most popular psychological theories in education.
Our Growth Mindset CPD workshops are based on the latest research. But above all, your staff will learn about practical tips and strategies that they can start using straight away. They will leave our CPD workshops with a clearer understanding of what Growth Mindset is, and how to best foster it in their classrooms and at your school.
This course will help teachers improve students’:
- Ability to learn faster
- Reaction to setbacks
- Grit and resilience
A history of intelligence and ability
- Are you born smart, or can you become smart?
- A history of the IQ test
- Case studies
The role of effort
- Teaching students that the brain can develop
- Avoiding labels
- How expectations affect motivation and effort
- Purposeful praise: effort over ability and outcome
Attitude to mistakes
- The importance of mistakes in the learning process
- Creating a Growth Mindset culture
- Efficient and effective feedback processes
- Purposeful praise: skill attainment, improvement, asking for feedback
Dealing with setbacks
- Famous failures
- Improving self-talk
- Purposeful praise: grit, determination, persistence
Risk taking and curiosity
- The worst case scenario hardly ever happens
- Purposeful praise: curiosity, courage, choosing a difficult task
We love to visit schools and meet with educators in person, but we understand that it may not always be possible or practical. This is why we can also deliver any of our Teacher CPD workshops live online on the platform of your choice.
You may also be interested in the Teacher CPD Academy, our online platform that will help your school design the perfect in-house CPD programme effortlessly.
Would your students benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a student workshop.