Growth Mindset CPD
Developing a Growth Mindset in school creates gritty, resilient students. It also encourages them to seek out better feedback, persist for longer, and cope better with change.
About the workshop
Growth Mindset is a learning theory developed by Dr Carol Dweck. It revolves around the belief that we can improve our intelligence, abilities and performance. Naturally, it has become one of the most popular psychological theories in education.
Our Growth Mindset CPD workshops are based on the latest research. But above all, your staff will learn about practical tips and strategies that they can start using straight away. They will leave our CPD workshops with a clearer understanding of what Growth Mindset is, and how to best foster it in their classrooms and at your school.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENTS’:
- Ability to learn faster
- Reaction to setbacks
- Grit and resilience
THE KEY MESSAGES
A history of intelligence and ability
- Are you born smart, or can you become smart?
- A history of the IQ test
- Case studies
The role of effort
- Teaching students that the brain can develop
- Avoiding labels
- How expectations affect motivation and effort
- Purposeful praise: effort over ability and outcome
Attitude to mistakes
- The importance of mistakes in the learning process
- Creating a growth mindset culture
- Efficient and effective feedback processes
- Purposeful praise: skill attainment, improvement, asking for feedback
Dealing with setbacks
- Famous failures
- Improving self-talk
- Purposeful praise: grit, determination, persistence
Risk taking and curiosity
- The worst case scenario hardly ever happens
- Purposeful praise: curiosity, courage, choosing a difficult task
Check out what educators have been saying
In-person and online
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our teacher CPD workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
Would your students benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a student workshop.
MORE RESOURCES ON GROWTH MINDSET
- Download our free ebook about everything we learnt at the KGS National Growth Mindset conference
- Read our guide to developing a Growth Mindset in schools
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: The One About Growth Mindset
- The language of Growth Mindset
- How do you actually develop a Growth Mindset?
- Can one-off Growth Mindset interventions work?
- Growth Mindset Stories and Science