Unlock their leadership potential: building strong leaders in education for positive impact
In today’s rapidly evolving educational landscape, effective leadership is more crucial than ever. Designed specifically for teachers and led by experienced facilitators, our workshop program equips your staff with the essential theory, practical skills, and techniques necessary to become exceptional leaders.
Our workshops provide a comprehensive exploration of leadership principles, grounded in both timeless wisdom and contemporary insights. From fostering effective communication to cultivating a positive team culture, we cover a wide range of topics that empower educators to lead with confidence and purpose. Through a unique blend of theory and hands-on practice, participants will have the opportunity to apply their learning in a supportive and safe environment.
We understand that each educational institution is unique, with its own specific needs and challenges. That’s why we offer custom-designed workshops tailored to meet the distinct requirements of your school. Our team works closely with your CPD coordinator to ensure that the content aligns seamlessly with your vision, culture, and goals. By addressing the specific leadership needs of your staff, we help nurture a community of empowered educators who are ready to lead and make a difference.
Key Modules in our Leadership workshop programme
We tailor our workshops to your requirements. We believe that the best way to learn how to lead is through experential learning for which we use various games and command tasks that we have developed over many years to illustrate the various facets of leadership. Our leadership workshops draw from these underlying leadership modules:
Module 1 – The changing landscape of leadership
- Objective – To explore what modern versions of leadership look like and why it is important.
- Main theme – The environment in which leadership operates has changed dramatically over the last few decades but the basic underpinnings of leadership have not ie Vision, Values, Passion and Interpersonal Skills (chief of which is communication).
Module 2 – Leadership and communication
- Objective – To explore what good communication looks like particularly in a technological world
- Main theme – There are many qualities and interpersonal skills that are useful to a leader but none more so than communication. If you cannot communicate your message in a way that people understand and are persuaded by then it is very difficult to lead at all.
Module 3 – Leadership and you
- Objective – To explore what makes people want to follow a leader
- Main theme – Leadership is influencing or persuading other human beings to do things that they don’t necessarily want to do often for the greater good of the group. Why might they want to follow you?
Module 4 – Practical Leadership
- Objective – To explore the nuts and bolts of practical leadership and to examine different leadership styles and their applications.
- Main themes – Knowing what you are required to do, Communicating what the team needs to do, Delegation, Overview, Being decisive, Different styles of leading, Being assertive, Attention to detail, Time management and Quality control
Module 5 – Leadership and Belbin’s roles
- Objective – To use Belbin Team Roles Theory to improve the performance of teams and their leadership
- Main theme – Working with our Belbin Acredited facilitator to measure and explore the Belbin Team roles within your teams and what this might mean for the leaders within your organisation
Module 6 – Meetings and Team Dynamics
- Objective – To explore team roles and team dynamics.
- Main themes –The strength of teams over groups of individuals, The stages of team development, Conflict management, Leadership and followership
Module 7 – Decision Making
- Objective – To look at effective decision making and the role of the leader in decision making within a team.
- Main themes – The decision making cycle, Cognitive biases that effect decision making, Group think, Leadership in a creative environment, Red work vs blue work
Ongoing Cognitive ScienceTraining
If you are the teacher CPD coordinator don’t forget the perfect ongoing training for your staff, our Teacher CPD Academy It’s a one-stop online platform that will help you design and populate the perfect in-house CPD programme effortlessly.