Leadership CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
About the workshop
The environment in which leadership operates has changed dramatically over the last few decades, setting new challenges for us all. Despite this, the principles behind leadership and the required skills to be a good leader haven’t changed much.
This workshop goes through both the theory and the practical skills and techniques that will help your staff become better leaders. It also gives them a chance to practice these skills in a safe environment.
We provide custom designed workshops to fit the unique requirements of your school.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE THEIR:
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- An explanation of what makes a good leader
- Practical strategies to develop leadership within your school
- The opportunity to practice leadership skills safely
THE KEY MESSAGES
The principles of leadership
- Defining leadership and why it is necessary
- The characteristics of good leaders
- The different styles of leadership
The cornerstones of leadership
- People skills
The art and skills of leadership
- Communicating – Listening, clarifying, informing, persuading, directing
- Motivating – Influencing, challenging, inspiring
- Managing – Problem solving, scheduling, delegating, fire fighting
- Enabling – Removing barriers, providing resources
- Supporting – Serve to lead
Check out what educators have been saying
In-person and online
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our teacher CPD workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.