Mastery Mindset CPD
Growth Mindset CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
MASTERY MINDSET CPD OVERVIEW
In this workshop, we explore the key habits of successful people, and how school staff can help students develop them. These can help your students to improve their mindset, motivation, work ethic, independent learning…
The philosophy behind the mastery mindset is simple: there is no guarantee of success. But using these habits will put students in the best position to succeed at school and in life. This workshop aims to give teachers the tools to reinforce those behaviours, and help their students achieve success.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- An explanation of the seven habits of successful people
- Practical strategies to help students understand and develop these habits
- Ideas on how to create a mastery mindset culture in your class and at your school
Click the buttons below to find out more about this CPD workshop and get in touch.
THE KEY MESSAGES
- Success and failure are in your own hands
- Don’t play the blame game
- Take ownership and control of the situation
- Begin with the end in mind
- Work out the steps needed to get there
- Take action
- Be open to new ideas
- How to speed up the learning process
- Asking for and receiving feedback
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want
- Build a team around you
- Getting the most from teachers, friends and family
- The relationship between work and success
- What does hard work actually look like?
- The importance of preparation
- What does good preparation look like?
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENTS’:
- Mindset towards school
- Ability to deal with failure
- Work ethic and preparation
- Independent learning