Memory and Learning
Learn research-based teaching strategies to improve students’ memory, concentration, and mindset.
In this workshop, explore the psychology and neuroscience of how students learn effectively.
This Memory and Learning CPD workshop combines the latest research with practical tips and strategies. As a result, it will help you improve students’ memory, concentration and mindset. You will leave this workshop with a better understanding of the science of learning, and how to integrate this knowledge into your teaching.
What to expect on the day
- Tips to help your students enhance memory and develop their retention and recall
- Strategies to enhance student learning and improve exam performance
- Understand how sleep helps memory
- Review and discuss the latest research from psychology and neuroscience
- Explore the importance of stress and strategies to reduce stress and procrastination
This workshop will helps teachers:
- Know about the strategies that have been shown to work
- Improve learning in their classroom
- Transform their students’ revision techniques and performance
- Generating an answer to a question
- How both staff and students can use retrieval practice
- Spacing vs cramming
- How to weave spacing into your lesson design
- The importance of mixing up the topics within a subject
- The power of combining words with pictures
- Integrating diagrams with descriptions
The Production Effect
- Reading out loud vs reading in silence
- Other techniques to harness the production effect
- The importance of self-questioning
- The best questions to ask yourself
- Starting a lesson effectively with pre-questions
We love to visit schools and meet with educators in person, but we understand that it may not always be possible or practical. This is why we can also deliver any of our Teacher CPD workshops live online on the platform of your choice.
You may also be interested in the Teacher CPD Academy, our online platform that will help your school design the perfect in-house CPD programme effortlessly.