Memory and Learning CPD
Memory and Learning CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
MEMORY AND LEARNING CPD WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
In this workshop, explore the psychology and neuroscience of how students learn effectively.
This Memory and Learning CPD workshop combines the latest research with practical tips and strategies. As a result, it will help you improve student’s memory, concentration and mindset. You will leave this workshop with a better understanding of the science of learning, and how to integrate this knowledge into your teaching.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Tips to help your students enhance memory and develop their retention and recall
- Strategies to enhance student learning and improve exam performance
- Understand how sleep helps memory
- Review and discuss the latest research from psychology and neuroscience
- Explore the importance of stress and strategies to reduce stress and procrastination
Find out more about the content of our Memory and Learning CPD workshop by clicking the button below.
IN SCHOOL CPD
We offer a wide range of high quality in school teacher CPD workshops for inset days and twilight sessions. We tailor our sessions to your requirements. Click the button below to get in touch, and we can help design the ideal Memory and Learning CPD day for your school.
THE KEY MESSAGES
- Generating an answer to a question
- How both staff and students can use retrieval practice
- Spacing vs cramming
- How to weave spacing into your lesson design
- The importance of mixing up the topics within a subject
- The power of combining words with pictures
- Integrating diagrams with descriptions
The production effect
- Reading out loud vs reading in silence
- Other techniques to harness the production effect
- The importance of self-questioning
- The best questions to ask yourself
- Starting a lesson effectively with pre-questions
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS:
- Know about the strategies that have been shown to work
- Improve learning in their classroom
- Transform their students’ revision techniques and performance
MORE RESOURCES ON MEMORY AND LEARNING
- Our guide page about the best ways to revise according to research
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: the one about memory
- 15 Ways To Maximise Memory
- Using Cognitive Load Theory In The Classroom
- How Prepared Are You To Learn?
- 4 common myths on interleaving
- Why you should teach your students about neuroplasticity