Public speaking CPD
Public speaking CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
About the workshop
Whilst they have no trouble teaching a class, many teachers find public speaking intimidating. It can be challenging for them to swap their usual audience of students for a group of colleagues, for example. This workshop will turn them into confident, impactful public speakers.
The techniques and strategies this workshop covers will make teachers comfortable in front of large groups.
We gathered tips and techniques from the best public speakers – we illustrate and develop them with discussion, videos and practical exercises.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Tips to engage your audience and keep them interested
- Practical strategies to prepare before, be comfortable during and identify improvement areas after public speaking
- Tangible examples from the world’s best public speakers
- Interactive activities to develop your public speaking skills
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE:
- Their confidence
- The techniques they use
- The engagement of their audience
- The impact they have
THE KEY MESSAGES
Before the event
- How to structure and prepare your content
- How to build an impactful slide deck
- What good preparation looks like
During the event
- How to build and speak with confidence
- The use of props
- The importance and the use of body language
- What is “the Zone” and how to get into it
- The voice and its toolbox
- The use of presentation modes and transitions
After the event
- Becoming an even better speaker
Check out what educators have been saying
In-person and online
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our teacher CPD workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.