Public speaking CPD
Public speaking CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
PUBLIC SPEAKING CPD WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
Whilst they have no trouble teaching a class, many teachers find public speaking intimidating. It can be challenging for them to swap their usual audience of students for a group of colleagues, for example. This workshop will turn them into confident, impactful public speakers.
The techniques and strategies this workshop covers will make teachers comfortable in front of large groups.
We gathered tips and techniques from the best public speakers – we illustrate and develop them with discussion, videos and practical exercises.
This enjoyable and useful workshop has had rave reviews from our clients, so get in touch to book your own.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- Tips to engage your audience and keep them interested
- Practical strategies to prepare before, be comfortable during and identify improvement areas after public speaking
- Tangible examples from the world’s best public speakers
- Interactive activities to develop your public speaking skills
Click the buttons below to find out more and get in touch.
THE KEY MESSAGES
Before the event
- How to structure and prepare your content
- How to build an impactful slide deck
- What good preparation looks like
During the event
- How to build and speak with confidence
- The use of props
- The importance and the use of body language
- What is “the Zone” and how to get into it
- The voice and its toolbox
- The use of presentation modes and transitions
After the event
- Becoming an even better speaker
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE:
- Their confidence
- The techniques they use
- The engagement of their audience
- The impact they have