Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction CPD
Rosenshine’s Principles CPD workshops are available for inset days/in-school CPD as well as online.
ROSENSHINE’S PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUCTION CPD WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
The Covid pandemic has hurt students’ learning, progress and development, especially during school closures. But the damage is not irreparable. As students return to school, educators are wondering how to help them catch up after such a difficult period. We believe the solution lies in combining teacher experience and expertise and psychological research.
This course, available either in person at your school or over the platform of your choice (Zoom, Microsoft Teams…), covers the best evidence-based strategies for the job. We’ll help you develop your students’ motivation and resilience, accelerate their learning and improve their emotional coping skills.
We’ll also encourage and facilitate discussions and debate to make sure that those strategies are best suited for your students specifically.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- An overview of Rosenshine’s 10 Principles of Instruction
- Practical strategies to use them in the classroom
- The opportunity to discuss the research and practice
- An enjoyable course, delivered by our experienced, knowledgeable coaches
Click the buttons below to find out more and get in touch.
THE 10 KEY PRINCIPLES
- 1. Review previous learning
- 2. Present new material in small steps
- 3. Ask lots of good questions
- 4. Provide models and worked examples
- 5. Practise using new materials
- 6. Check for understanding
- 7. Obtain a high success rate
- 8. Provide scaffolding
- 9. Independent practice
- 10. Weekly and monthly review
MORE RESOURCES ON ROSENSHINE'S PRINCIPLES OF INSTRUCTION
- A guide to Rosenshine’s 10 Principles of Instruction, with links to further reading
- Our guide to the cognitive science behind Rosenshine’s Principles of Instruction, with a handy flowchart
- Our Rosenshine’s Principles YouTube playlist
- Our review of Tom Sherrington’s Rosenshine’s Principles in Action