The Science of Learning
Brings to life the Science of Learning and helps your teachers discover and use the latest educational Cognitive Science research.
Our science of learning teacher CPD workshop is a game-changer for educators seeking to enhance their teaching. Using insights from our best selling books, this workshop helps teachers discover, in an engaging and useful way, the latest cognitive science research and its possible applications to the classroom.
The science of learning workshop is divided into a number of sessions, each designed to equip your staff with evidence-informed strategies to enhance student learning. From memory retention to cultivating resilience and fostering independent learning, our workshop covers it all.
But don’t take our word for it. Read this blog by a teacher who attended one of our Science of Learning CPD workshops to find out what it’s really like.
Key messages in the Science of Learning Workshop
- Retrieval practice, spacing, interleaving
- Pre-questions and elaborative interrogation
- Dual coding and the production effect
- Creating resilient classrooms
- The link between feedback and resilience
- Delayed gratification, fear of failure and high expectations
- Preparing to learn: sleep and breakfast
- Managing distractions: mobile phones and music
- Peer Pressure: the Bandwagon Effect.
Ongoing Science of Learning Training
If you are the teacher CPD coordinator don’t forget the perfect ongoing training for your staff, our Teacher CPD Academy It’s a one-stop online platform that will help you design and populate the perfect in-house CPD programme effortlessly.