The Science of Learning CPD
The Science of Learning CPD workshops are available for inset days/in school CPD.
THE SCIENCE OF LEARNING CPD WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
Our one day Science of Learning teacher CPD workshop brings our best-selling book The Science of Learning to life. It will help your staff find out about the most important educational psychology research in an interesting and useful way.
John Hattie described our book as his “book of the decade”. Dylan Williams wrote “this is the book I have been waiting for”, and Dame Alison Peacock says it is “an absolute must for every school”.
So, why not learn about the 77 studies that every teacher needs to know in a practical workshop?
Divided into three sections, this workshop covers the best evidence-based strategies for the classroom. These will allow your staff to improve students’ memory and resilience and help them become independent learners.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
- An overview of the most recent and interesting educational research
- Practical strategies to enhance learning in the classroom, based on research
Click the buttons below to find out more and get in touch.
THE KEY MESSAGES
- Retrieval practice, spacing, interleaving
- Pre-questions and elaborative interrogation
- Dual coding and the production effect
- Creating resilient classrooms
- The link between feedback and resilience
- Delayed gratification, fear of failure and high expectations
- Preparing to learn: sleep and breakfast
- Managing distractions: mobile phones and music
- The effects of others: the Bandwagon Effect and the Köhler Effect
THIS WORKSHOP WILL HELP TEACHERS IMPROVE STUDENTS’:
- Motivation to learn
- Memory and learning
- Metacognition and self-regulation