Studying With The Brain in Mind
Understanding how the brain works for better learning.
About the workshop…
This is a great workshop to start the year with. Taking good revision habits from the get-go allows students to learn better throughout the year, setting them up for long-term success.
This workshop will teach your students how to get the most out of their brain during revision time. By better understanding how their brain works, your students will be able to use it more efficiently.
We do this by making things very simple and understandable, whilst using lots of practical experiments and videos. However, we still base the workshop on years of cognitive psychology and neuroscience research.
This workshop will help your students improve their:
- Independent studying
- Time management
- Why multi-tasking is so hard
- How to be efficient and effective with your time
- The brain’s limitations when remembering lots of information
- How to improve memory: writing, simplifying, chunking, acronyms
- Why teenagers struggle to get enough sleep
- The psychological consequences of not getting enough sleep
- How to avoid 9 common sleep mistakes
- The conscious brain has a limited amount of mental energy
- How to avoid procrastination
- Why teenagers struggle to read emotions effectively
- When in doubt, we often assume the worst case scenario
- How to manage and handle stressful situations
Check out what educators have been saying
Do you want to see what this workshop looks like in practice?
Archbishop Temple C of E School wrote this insightful article about the time our coach Tom Cooke visited to help their Year 10 pupils prepare for exams.
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
This course can also be taken on our Online Academy, where your students can learn about practical strategies through engaging and interactive courses, whenever and wherever they want.
Would your staff benefit from a course like this?
We also offer teacher CPD courses.
You might also be interested in:
MORE RESOURCES ON STUDYING WITH THE BRAIN IN MIND
- Read our ultimate guide to the best ways to revise or download it as a free ebook
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: the one about spacing and interleaving
- Deadlines and working memory: a double-edged sword
- Everything you need to know about working memory
- 6 common cognitive science mistakes to avoid in the classroom
- How quickly do students forget things?
- Why does thinking hard about something help students learn it?