Understanding the Teenage Brain
This workshop shows parents how to help teenagers use their brain effectively. By better understanding how the teenage brain works and the challenges they face, they will be better able to support them. This workshop looks at 5 key areas: Multi-tasking, Memory, Sleep, Organisation and Management of Stress.
- Why multi-tasking is so hard
- How teenagers can be efficient and effective with their time
- The brain’s limitations when remembering lots of information
- How to improve memory: writing, simplifying, chunking, acronyms
- Why people struggle to get enough sleep
- How to avoid the 9 common sleep mistakes
- The psychological consequences of not getting enough sleep
- How teenagers can reduce procrastination
- The conscious brain has a limited amount of mental energy
- Why teenagers struggle to read emotions effectively
- If in doubt, teenagers often assume a worst case scenario
- How to manage and handle stressful situations
Watch our video now!