Better focus in the classroom for better learning.
STUDENT WORKSHOPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
We realise that the current Coronavirus crisis makes it very hard for schools to know what September will look like. Of course, we’re happy to visit your school and deliver this workshop in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are available for online delivery.
Our online platform allows your students to access, complete and revisit this workshop at any time. Thanks to a mix of videos, resources and experiments, our online courses are as engaging, interactive and practical as the ones we’ve been delivering for 14 years.
Find out more about this workshop below, and get in touch if you would like to find out more about our online offer or discuss bookings.
Concentration training for students
The ability to stay focused on the right thing at the right time is key to a student’s ability to learn effectively.
Our Concentration Training workshops teach students the key skills needed to do this.
This workshop explores the challenges and obstacles students face in order to stay focused, as well as suggesting tips and practical strategies to help them improve their attention.
This workshop will help improve your students’:
- Attention to detail
Recognising your distractions
- The difference between internal and external distractions
- Identifying your personal distractors in class
- Managing mobile phones, computers, tablets and social media
- How to control your environment
The right things to focus on
- The difference between important and urgent
- Ask yourself WINning questions (What’s Important Now)
- Attention to detail is often important
- Check, Clarify, Confirm
- How to SLANT for better concentration
Fuelling your brain
- The importance of eating breakfast
- Getting the right amount of sleep
- The role of fresh air
- The importance of exercise
- The importance of a balanced diet