Performance Under Pressure
Unlock students potential: Teach students to flourish under pressure with our student stress management workshop
In today’s academic environment, it is crucial to equip students with effective stress management strategies. Teaching students these strategies enables them to better navigate through challenging periods with resilience. By understanding how to effectively manage stress, students can approach their work with a clear and focused mindset, allowing them to concentrate better and feel in control of the challenges that they face.
In this student stress management workshop we provide students with a stress management toolkit that allows them to flourish under pressure. Through interactive sessions, practical experiments and expert guidance, we empower students to develop effective coping strategies in order to thrive both in and outside of their education.
Our student stress management worrkshop focuses on the LEAP model: Language, Emotional control, Attention, Physiology. Using this model helps students to improve their confidence, self-regulation, stress coping skills and exam nerves.
This student stress management workshop will help your students improve their:
- Exam nerves
- Stress coping skills
Key messages in this student stress management workshop
- We all have Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
- The consequences of negative self talk
- You can control how you talk to yourself
- Make your self-talk positive, helpful and energised
- Negative emotions can often result in poor decision-making
- Pinpoint what makes you nervous or frustrated
- Manage emotions using “Recognise, Stop, Redirect”
- Reframe threats as opportunities
- It’s not how hard you focus but where you focus that matters
- The common attention mistakes that students make
- Focus on what you can control i.e. The Me, The Now and The Process
- The link between your body and your brain
- How body language can impact and increase your intensity
- How to calm down with breathing
Engaging, interactive and evidence-informed student workshops
We also have a range of engaging and research-based Teacher CPD workshops that help to illuminate cognitive science as well as our Teacher CPD Academy that is an evidence-informed and on-demand online platform to enhance teahcing practice and empower student learning.