Studying With The Brain In Mind
Ignite your students’ academic potential with our engaging and interactive student study skills workshops based on the latest research.
In this student study skills workshop, your students will discover the secrets of optimising their brain’s potential during revision. By understanding how the brain works your students will be able to use it better.
Our student study skills workshop is rooted in the latest research and evidence-informed techniques. Our coaches make these concepts easy to grasp and easy to use. Through group discussions, practical experiments and real examples, your students will gain a deeper understanding of which study skills are effective, why they are effective and how to use them better. Whilst perfect for revision, this workshop also empowers students to become better independent learners.
By teaching students how to become better learners, we help them to learn more efficiently, take responsibility for their learning and become more confident when working by themselves.
This student study skills workshop will help students improve their:
- Independent studying
- Time management
- Use of effective study skills
Key messages in this student study skills workshop
- Why multi-tasking is so hard
- Why multi-tasking stops us from learning effectively
- How to be efficient and effective with your time
- The brain’s limitations when remembering lots of information
- How to improve memory: writing, simplifying, chunking, acronyms
- Explore key study skills like retrieval practice and spacing
- Why students struggle to get enough sleep
- The psychological consequences of not getting enough sleep
- How to avoid 9 common sleep mistakes
- The conscious brain has a limited amount of mental energy
- How to avoid procrastination
- Why students struggle to read emotions effectively
- When in doubt, we often assume the worst case scenario
- How to manage and handle stressful situations
What to expect
Archbishop Temple C of E School wrote this insightful article about the time that we used we used our study skills workshops helped their Year 10 pupils prepare for exams. They said that our student study skills workshop was:
“Really engaging, with lots of useful information to take away”
Through interactive sessions, practical experiments and expert guidance, we empower students to develop effective coping strategies in order to maximise their learning and become better independent learners.
Engaging, interactive and evidence-informed student workshops
We also have a range of engaging and research-based Teacher CPD workshops that help to illuminate cognitive science as well as our Teacher CPD Academy that is an evidence-informed and on-demand online platform to enhance teahcing practice and empower student learning.