Performance Under Pressure
Help your students perform better under pressure.
About the workshop…
Our Performance Under Pressure workshops introduce students to the key skills needed to manage their stress. This allows them to prepare for and produce their best work under the inevitable pressure of academic life that arises whilst meeting deadlines and during the build up to exams, the exam season, interviews, presentations and in sport.
The philosophy behind our workshops is that, once you have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed at something, you are often required to reproduce them under pressure or stress.
The ability to do this can be taught; we do this using the LEAP model: Language, Emotional control, Attention, Physiology.
This workshop will help your students improve their:
- Exam nerves
- Stress coping skills
- We all have Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
- The consequences of negative self talk
- You can control how you talk to yourself
- Make your self-talk positive, helpful and energised
- Negative emotions can often result in poor decision-making
- Pinpoint what makes you nervous or frustrated
- Manage emotions using “Recognise, Stop, Redirect”
- Reframe threats as opportunities
- It’s not how hard you focus but where you focus that matters
- The common attention mistakes that students make
- Focus on what you can control i.e. The Me, The Now and The Process
- The link between your body and your brain
- How body language can impact and increase your intensity
- How to calm down with breathing
Check out what educators have been saying
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
This course can also be taken on our Online Academy, where your students can learn about practical strategies through engaging and interactive courses, whenever and wherever they want.
Would your staff benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a teacher CPD course.
You might also be interested in: