Our stress management workshops introduce students to the key skills needed to manage their stress so that they can prepare for and produce their best work under the inevitable pressure of academic life. These pressure arise whilst meeting deadlines and during the build up to exams, the exam season, interviews, presentations and in sport.
The philosophy behind our workshops is that once you have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed at something you are often required to reproduce them under pressure or stress. The ability to do this can be taught and we do this using the LEAP model.
- We all have Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
- The consequences of negative self talk
- You can take control of how you talk to yourself
- Make your self talk positive, helpful and energised
- Negative emotions can often result in poor decision making
- Pinpoint what makes you nervous or frustrated
- Manage emotions using “Recognise Stop, Redirect”
- Reframe threats as opportunities
- It’s not how hard you focus but where you focus that matters
- The common attention mistakes that students make
- Focus on what you can control i.e. The Me, The Now and The Process
- The link between your body and your brain
- How body language can impact and increase your intensity.
- How to calm down with breathing
HELPS STUDENTS IMPROVE
- Exam Stress
- Stress Coping skills
- Self Regulation
Watch our video now!