Performance Under Pressure
Help your students perform better under pressure.
This workshop is now available online
We always recommend this workshop for September bookings. Starting the year with strategies to overcome stress and perform their best under pressure gives students a big advantage. We think this is especially true in the current circumstances – even when most schools don’t know what September will look like, or if they will be able to host in-person workshops.
This is why we’re adapting this workshop for online delivery. Using a mix of videos, resources and practical experiments, it will be available to your students on our online platform to complete and revisit at any time.
We’ve made sure that it stays just as engaging, interactive and high-quality as the workshops we’ve been delivering in schools for 14 years. And it is even more affordable, with prices starting at £7 + VAT per student…
Find out more about the contents of the workshop below, and get in touch if you would like to learn more or discuss bookings.
About the workshop…
Our Performance Under Pressure workshops introduce students to the key skills needed to manage their stress. This allows them to prepare for and produce their best work under the inevitable pressure of academic life that arises whilst meeting deadlines and during the build up to exams, the exam season, interviews, presentations and in sport.
The philosophy behind our workshops is that, once you have acquired the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed at something, you are often required to reproduce them under pressure or stress.
The ability to do this can be taught; we do this using the LEAP model: Language, Emotional control, Attention, Physiology.
This workshop will help your students improve their:
- Exam nerves
- Stress coping skills
- We all have Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
- The consequences of negative self talk
- You can control how you talk to yourself
- Make your self-talk positive, helpful and energised
- Negative emotions can often result in poor decision-making
- Pinpoint what makes you nervous or frustrated
- Manage emotions using “Recognise, Stop, Redirect”
- Reframe threats as opportunities
- It’s not how hard you focus but where you focus that matters
- The common attention mistakes that students make
- Focus on what you can control i.e. The Me, The Now and The Process
- The link between your body and your brain
- How body language can impact and increase your intensity
- How to calm down with breathing
Do you want to make sure this benefits all of your students? We also deliver this workshop as a teacher CPD course – find out more here…