Make resilient and motivated learners out of your students.
STUDENT WORKSHOPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
We realise that the current Coronavirus crisis makes it very hard for schools to know what September will look like. Of course, we’re happy to visit your school and deliver this workshop in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are available for online delivery.
Our online platform allows your students to access, complete and revisit this workshop at any time. Thanks to a mix of videos, resources and experiments, our online courses are as engaging, interactive and practical as the ones we’ve been delivering for 14 years.
Find out more about this workshop below, and get in touch if you would like to find out more about our online offer or discuss bookings.
Growth Mindset for student
Our Growth Mindset workshops use research from Carol Dweck, the originator of the mindset theory, and other researchers to teach students how they can become great independent learners.
The workshop explores the importance of effort, how mistakes help you learn, how to use setbacks as motivation, and the importance of curiosity and courage. We will provide your students with practical tips and suggestions to help them develop a growth mindset and improve their resilience.
This workshop will help your students improve:
- As independent learners
- Their mindset
- Their metacognition
- How they deal with failure
- Persistence & resilience
The role of effort
- Don’t rush to say “I can’t”
- The power of “yet”
- How to talk to yourself when you are struggling
- Mistakes are important to learning
- Ask yourself: “What would I do differently next time?”
- How to ask for feedback after a mistake
Dealing with setbacks
- Highlighting famous failures
- How to fail better
- Reflecting on students’ setbacks and what they can learn from them
- The importance of trying new things
- How to step out of your comfort zone
- Understanding and appreciating that the worst case scenario hardly ever happens
Do you want to make sure all your students develop a growth mindset? We also offer this workshop as a teacher CPD course for your staff – find out more here.
MORE RESOURCES ON GROWTH MINDSET
- Download our free ebook about everything we learnt at the KGS National Growth Mindset conference
- Read our guide to developing a Growth Mindset in schools
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: The One About Growth Mindset
- The Language of Growth Mindset
- How Do You Actually Develop A Growth Mindset?
- Can One-Off Growth Mindset Interventions Work?
- Growth Mindset Stories and Science