Make resilient and motivated learners out of your students.
About the workshop…
The workshop explores the importance of effort, how mistakes help you learn, how to use setbacks as motivation, and the importance of curiosity and courage. We will provide your students with practical tips and suggestions to help them develop a growth mindset and improve their resilience.
Our Growth Mindset workshops use research from Carol Dweck, the originator of the mindset theory, and other researchers to teach students how they can become great independent learners.
This workshop will help your students improve:
- As independent learners
- Their mindset
- Their metacognition
- How they deal with failure
- Persistence & resilience
The role of effort
- Don’t rush to say “I can’t”
- The power of “yet”
- How to talk to yourself when you are struggling
- Mistakes are important to learning
- Ask yourself: “What would I do differently next time?”
- How to ask for feedback after a mistake
Dealing with setbacks
- Highlighting famous failures
- How to fail better
- Reflecting on students’ setbacks and what they can learn from them
- The importance of trying new things
- How to step out of your comfort zone
- Understanding and appreciating that the worst case scenario hardly ever happens
Check out what educators have been saying
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
Visit our Online Academy where your students can learn about practical strategies through engaging and interactive courses, whenever and wherever you want.
Would your staff benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a teacher CPD course.
You might also be interested in:
MORE RESOURCES ON GROWTH MINDSET
- Download our free ebook about everything we learnt at the KGS National Growth Mindset conference
- Read our guide to developing a Growth Mindset in schools
- Studies that every teacher needs to know: The One About Growth Mindset
- The benefits of a growth mindset, explained
- How Do You Actually Develop A Growth Mindset?
- Does having a growth mindset help reduce cognitive load?
- Growth mindset and study habits