Growth Mindset Student Workshop
Help your students become resilient, self-motivated, persistent learners.
The workshop explores the importance of effort, how mistakes help you learn, how to use setbacks as motivation, and the importance of curiosity and courage. We will provide your students with practical tips and suggestions to help them develop a growth mindset and improve their resilience.
Our Growth Mindset workshops use research from Carol Dweck, the originator of the mindset theory, and other researchers to teach students how they can become great independent learners.
This workshop will help your students improve:
- As independent learners
- Their mindset
- Their metacognition
- How they deal with failure
- Persistence & resilience
The role of effort
- Don’t rush to say “I can’t”
- The power of “yet”
- How to talk to yourself when you are struggling
- Mistakes are important to learning
- Ask yourself: “What would I do differently next time?”
- How to ask for feedback after a mistake
Dealing with setbacks
- Highlighting famous failures
- How to fail better
- Reflecting on students’ setbacks and what they can learn from them
- The importance of trying new things
- How to step out of your comfort zone
- Understanding and appreciating that the worst case scenario hardly ever happens
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
This course is also part of the Lesson Material on the Teacher CPD Academy, where you can help your students learn about practical strategies through ready-made lessons you can administer yourself.
Would your staff benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a teacher CPD course.
You might also be interested in: