Better communication skills benefit students for their whole life.
Our Communicating Better workshops help students improve how they communicate with each other, their teachers and their parents.
The workshop explores both the importance of listening carefully and of communicating clearly. As a result of the workshop, students will be better equipped to listen to instructions, ask for help more effectively and work as part of a team.
This will help your students become better at:
- Listening skills
- Asking for help
- Clear communication
- Working with others
Thinking before speaking
- Don’t jump straight in
- The importance of “wait time”
- What’s the first thing you need to say?
Saying what you mean
- The importance of confident communication
- Having the courage of your convictions
- How to ask for feedback
- Arguing vs Actioning feedback
- How to use feedback effectively
Communicating as part of a team
- Respecting each person’s opinion
- The importance of listening to everyone (diversity is good)
- The link between communicating and leading