Improve how your students listen and communicate – skills that will benefit them for a lifetime.
Our Communicating Better workshops help students improve how they communicate with each other, their teachers and their parents.
The workshop explores both the importance of listening carefully and of communicating clearly. As a result, students will be better equipped to listen to instructions, ask for help more effectively and work as part of a team.
This will help your students to become better at:
- Listening skills
- Asking for help
- Clear communication
- Working with others
Thinking before speaking
- Don’t jump straight in
- The importance of “wait time”
- What’s the first thing you need to say?
Saying what you mean
- The importance of confident communication
- Having the courage of your convictions
- How to ask for feedback
- Arguing vs Actioning feedback
- How to use feedback effectively
Communicating as part of a team
- Respecting each person’s opinion
- The importance of listening to everyone (diversity is good)
- The link between communicating and leading
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
Would your staff benefit from a course like this?
We also offer teacher CPD courses.
You might also be interested in: