Stress Management for Students
Explore the psychology behind effective revision, and ways to help your students manage exam stress.
In this workshop, explore the psychology and neuroscience behind effective revision and exam stress management.
We combine the latest research along with practical tips and suggestions. So, this workshop will help you improve your students’ exam preparation, and help them combat any nerves and stress. This stress management CPD workshop will give you a better understanding of how to perform under pressure. As a result, it will allow you to best help students to maximise their exam performance.
- Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
- The consequences of negative self-talk
- Controlling self-talk
- Making self-talk positive, helpful and energised
- Negative emotions often result in poor decision making
- Pinpointing the source of nerves or frustration
- Managing emotions using “Recognise, Stop, Redirect”
- Reframing threats as opportunities
- It’s not how hard you focus, but where you focus that matters
- The common attention mistakes that students make
- Focusing on what you can control i.e. the Me, the Now and the Process
- The link between the body and the brain
- How body language can impact and increase intensity
- How to calm down with breathing
Ongoing Cognitive ScienceTraining
If you are the teacher CPD coordinator don’t forget the perfect ongoing training for your staff, our Teacher CPD Academy It’s a one-stop online platform that will help you design and populate the perfect in-house CPD programme effortlessly.
Would your students benefit from this course?
We also offer this workshop as a student workshop.