Managing your mobile phone
Avoid letting your students’ phones get in the way of their learning.
Mobile phone management for students
Most students nowadays have a smartphone. They are an important part of how we all communicate and find out information, but they are also inherently dangerous to a student’s ability to do well at school.
Smartphone usage can be addictive, cause concentration issues and create excessive stress. Research indicates that those who study in sight of their phone, even if they don’t use it, do 20% worse.
This workshop addresses these questions and will teach your students how to manage their smartphone smartly so that they can focus on their learning and success.
This workshop will teach your students about:
- The reality of excessive phone usage
- Good revision habits
- The importance of sleep
- How to combat the stress caused by social media
Mobiles and multi-tasking
- Multi-tasking is a myth
- Phone addiction is a phenomenon
Mobiles and revision
- How to stop procrastinating
- The cost of listening to music while studying
- Key strategies to use when revising
Mobiles and sleep
- How much sleep the human brain needs
- The cost of not getting enough sleep
- The nine common sleep mistakes
Mobiles and stress
- Experiencing FOMO
- A warped view of reality
- Digital detox: 12 ways to manage your phone better
Check out what educators have been saying
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
Visit our Online Academy where your students can learn about practical strategies through engaging and interactive courses, whenever and wherever you want.
Would your staff benefit from a course like this?
We also offer teacher CPD courses.
You might also be interested in:
MORE RESOURCES ON MOBILE PHONE MANAGEMENT
- Better mobile phone management: our complete guide page
- The negative impact of mobile phones: research around the world
- Students: Managing Your Mobile Phone at Night
- The cost of always being on your phone
- 5 ways to manage your phone better
- Why we support South Hampstead High School’s Family Phone Pledge