Help your students to transition comfortably into university life, live better, and work better.
Our Surviving University workshops introduce students to the key skills needed to get the most out of their time at university.
The workshop is broken down into two main areas: living better and working better. The living better section covers moving away from home, seizing the day and managing your money. The working better section covers how to pace your work, university motivation and how to take good notes.
This workshop will help your students:
- Get excited for university
- Prepare for higher education
- Manage doubts and fears
- Understand the difference between school and university
- Expectations vs Fears
- How to overcome the “Spotlight Effect”
Seize the day
- Life is short and time is precious
- Maximising your time at university
- What is your six-word story going to be?
- The 7 biggest expenses at university
- How are you going to fund your time there?
Pacing your work
- Why people procrastinate
- How people procrastinate
- Top tips to avoid procrastinating (i.e. asking yourself WIN questions)
- Why note-taking is important
- The trade-off between listening and note-taking
- Top tips for thorough note-taking
- What motivates you to do well at university
- How to improve your motivation
Our workshops are available online and in-person
We can deliver our workshops in person if it is possible and safe to do so. However, all of our student workshops are also available for live online delivery via your video platform of choice.
Would your staff benefit from a course like this?
We also offer teacher CPD courses.
You might also be interested in: